- Imagine being Adam or Eve and having to attend or conduct your first funeral.
- Imagine learning how to cope with death, and not just any death, the death of your child.
- Imagine having to explain to the rest of your children (and even possibly grandchildren) why they will never again see Abel.
- Imagine having to cope with knowing your sin brought this death into the world.
- Imagine carrying the burden of Abel’s death around for 900ish years.
- Imagine experiencing both loss and estrangement for the first time simultaneously.
- Imagine witnessing hoping you would never have to experience the death of a loved one again and yet coming to grips with the reality of a flood of violence, murder, and death that would consume nearly all of humanity.
- Imagine witnessing the pandemic of sin that made God regret that He had made humanity.
- Imagine not living to see the work of Christ that would conquer sin, death, and the grave.
Thank God for His mercy, grace, and long-suffering goodness embodied in the person of Christ - the Greater Adam and Abel.